Sunday, November 27, 2011

Lasagna Bella Bella

If anyone ask me what I would like to eat as my last meal, the answer will always be Mrs. Perrotta's lasagna. Oddly enough, I am not a big pasta lover but this lasagna is truly to die for!!

Meet Mrs. Perrotta


I've had the priviledge to eat this special lasagna ever since I am 14 or 15 years old. From my first taste to the present, I may have eaten it once every 5 year. Needless to say that it is always an emotional culinary experience! As we all have gotten older, I felt an urgent need to learn how to make the lasagna,knowing that it's recipe only resides in Mrs. Perrotta's head.

Armed with our recording tools, Angie and I headed to the Perrotta’s for a full-blown step-by-step lasagna making class. For a good four hours, we made lasagna from scratch, the Italian way.

Since there is no written recipe and especially no specific measures, Angie and I had a blast trying to figure everything out!!! With instructions like "doing it until it became bella, bella" to hand measurements, we laughed our way through it all.

The flour measurements


Flattening the dough through the machine until it’s "bella, bella"



Yep, bella bella!



Recording every step with videos, pictures and written text



Assembling the layers


There was even some incredible meatballs cooking in the sauce as an added bonus. A perfect little snack on the side!!


Final result. Be still my beating heart.


This lasagna has 6 layers of pasta!!


Someone pinch me, I must be dreaming. This is by far the best thing I’ve eaten, EVER.



The question is, will I ever make one on my own?

No comments: